Most of the phone we use normally have some certain problem that can only be solved by factory reset . Now when you begin to find it very difficult with your phone to start up An app or your phone hangs up in the process of operating it’ or malfunctioning the best thing you do is a factory data reset or maybe you forgot your password and wish to format or reset the phone, Then this post is gonna give you the necessary steps to factory reset Android Device.
Note by trying a factory data reset, all data like your apps, photos, and music will be wiped from the device. Any data stored in your Google Account will be restored when you sign in, but all apps and their data will be deleted and cannot be restored.
Table of Contents
After knowing the conditions for factory data reset you can follow the steps below to try and reset your device with ease .
How to Factory Reset Android device
Below are the simple steps you can go through to do your factory reset on your own without stress .
Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset using the setting menu;
- On your Android device, open the Settings menu on your Homescreen.
- Then Under “Personal,” tap on Backup & reset (You may need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password).
- Now under “Personal data,” tap on Factory data reset.
- An information comes up on the screen, Read it and tap Reset phone.If you have a screen lock, you’ll need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password.
- Then tap Erase everything to erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Select the option to reboot your device, after the erasing is done.
Using Recovery mode to Reset Device.
Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset using Recovery Mode;
- Turn your phone off, if it is on.
- Now Press and hold the Volume up button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
- Press the Volume down button to select “Recovery mode.” (If you need to navigate to the “Recovery mode” option, use the Volume up button to move the arrow and the Volume down button to select it.)
- An Image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words “No command” will be displayed.
- Now while holding down the Powerbutton, press the Volume up button and release it.
- You can Use the volume buttons to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it.
- Scroll down to “Yes, erase or delete all user data” and press the Power button to select it.
Now you have reset your Android device, You’ll see the Welcome screen just as you did when you turned the device on for the first time.
For comments and recommendations about this post you can make use of the comments box. You can also follow us on gmail, facebook and other social media.